RAYAN SALAMManaging Partner & CEO
- Co-Founder, Executive Board Director, Managing Partner & CEO.
- Rayan leads the overall firm and manages its investment strategies and advisory services.
- He was a member of the founding team involved in building Algebra Capital, a MENA asset management firm with peak AUM of US$ 1.6 billion, from inception to its gradual sale to Franklin Templeton. His roles included being a Fund Manager on a number of flagship funds, responsible for investment idea generation, asset allocation, risk management, and fund raising.
- He was previously employed at Shuaa Capital in Dubai and Silver Stone Advisors in New York City.
- Rayan currently serves as a board director of a publicly listed company in Kuwait and is a member of the Board of Trustees of an educational institution in Lebanon.
- Rayan graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Economics) with distinction.
Rami KhalafChief Operating Officer
- Rami is responsible for the management of the company’s overall operational activities including Middle Office Operations, Corporate Accounting, Human Resources and Information Technology. He is also the firm’s Risk Manager, responsible for the management of the company’s overall risk framework and maintains the Internal Risk Assessment Process.
- He has over 17 years of experience in the operations and Back Office Management of financial services firms, and has extensive knowledge in equities, fixed income, derivatives and collective investment schemes.
- Before joining the company Rami was Head of Operations for Franklin Templeton Investments (ME) Limited in the DIFC responsible for the Middle East and North Africa, as well as the trade services support in Africa and India. During his tenor, Rami also served as a Board Director to the Beta MENA Fund, a fixed income CIF established in Bahrain.
- Previously, Rami was employed at Algebra Capital where his responsibilities included setting up and managing the operations department and later he played an integral role in the integration of the entity’s IT and operational platform with Franklin Templeton’s Investments.
- Prior to that, he took on leading roles in the establishment and expansion of the operations infrastructure at SHUAA Capital and Al Mal Capital including the set up of the latter’s separate brokerage entity.
- Amer is responsible for leading investment process including investment idea generation, due diligence, valuation, and formulating investment theses on target companies.
- Amer has more than 10 years of experience working in investment advisory and investment strategy formulation in the GCC and Africa.
- Prior to joining the company worked for CPC Africa assuming the role of Vice President in charge for strategy formulation and investment execution in West Africa.
- Prior to that he worked in strategy consulting for Booz & Company in their Family, Investments & Real Estate practice in Dubai advising regional family offices and investment company on strategy formulation and organizational matters.
- He started his career working in Investment Banking for Audi Capital in Riyadh advising regional groups on mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- Amer holds MBA from Columbia Business School in the city of New York, MA in Financial Economics and BA in Economics from the American University of Beirut.
- Siddharth is responsible for performing end to end research including investment idea generation, due diligence, valuation, and formulating investment opinions on target companies.
- He started his professional career in 2008 as a Research Analyst at HSBC Global Research where he focused on UK-listed telecom and media companies.
- He then joined Franklin Templeton’s MENA investment team in 2013 where his primary responsibilities included the continuous research coverage of listed equities in the UAE, Morocco, and Lebanon. His role was focused on bottom-up research, valuations, and investment recommendation. He also managed relationships with the key stakeholders including senior management of the companies under coverage, sell-side analysts and industry experts.
- Siddharth is a CFA Charter holder and has a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode. He also holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Pune University.
Anna KrivonogovaAdministration Manager
- Anna is responsible for office operations, employee affairs, and the firm’s public relations.
- She has over seven years of experience in real estate management, sales & marketing, and office administration.
- Prior to joining Ithmar Capital Partners, Anna was managing a real estate portfolio at J&F Holdings with a geographic focus on properties in the Middle East and Europe.
- Previously, she worked at Herald Land as an Investment Consultant where she was responsible for the identification, analysis, and execution of real estate investment opportunities.
- Anna holds MA degree in English Philology and Literature from Kazan State University. She also obtained the Broker Certificates from Dubai Real Estate Institute approved by RERA.
Sanjeev DaveFinance Officer
- Sanjeev is responsible for the finance function of the firm, as well as the financial regulatory reporting to the DFSA.
- He has previously worked as the CFO of a UK based full scope FCA licensed firm. Sanjeev moved to KPMG Dubai in 2009 through a secondment from KPMG in London. At KPMG Dubai, he was an integral part of the team that advised a consortium of lending banks during Dubai World's debt restructuring.
- Whilst working at KPMG in London, Sanjeev specialised in financial due diligence assignments and led many cross border projects, including a number of IPO transactions in the US, Europe and India, as well as working with PE firms such as Terra Firma.
- Prior to joining KPMG, Sanjeev worked at Grant Thornton in London where he specialised in the corporate recovery sector, predominantly trading insolvent businesses, later moving into transaction services.
- Sanjeev holds a BA degree in Business Studies and Accounting from Middlesex University and is a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Theo Van HoutenCompliance Officer
- Theo is responsible for the compliance function as well as being the firm’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Theo has over 10 years of experience in compliance and operational risk management and has worked for a wide range of European, UAE and DFSA regulated entities in the Asset Management, Commercial Banking, and Investment Banking sectors.
- Before joining HOLT consultancy, Theo worked for a UK FCA regulated energy exchange, where he was a CF10/CF11 licensed function holder. From 2008 to 2011 he was a consultant with a DIFC based compliance consultancy firm, assisting new companies coming into the DIFC with the incorporation process and obtaining required licenses from the DFSA.
- He also provided support to a number of DFSA authorised firms on AML, KYC and compliance-related matters in addition to acting as their outsourced Compliance Officer and MLRO.
- Theo holds a Bachelor degree in Business Economics and Post Bachelor Operational Auditing.
Nico Van BockstalCompany Secretary
- Nico Van Bockstal is acting as Ithmar Capital Partner’s company secretary.
- Nico is a shareholder and director of Total Solutions Middle East Limited, a DIFC based Governance, Risk and Compliance consultancy firm.
- He is registered with the DFSA as a Compliance Officer & MLRO for multiple Authorised Firms.
- Previously he was employed by Societe Generale Private Banking Belgium as Head of Compliance and AML.
- He started his professional career with Bank J. Van Breda & Co, a Belgium based retail bank.
- Nico holds a European Master in Labour Sciences degree issued by the Universities of Louvain-la-Neuve and Toulouse.
- He graduated from the University of Leuven with a Master in Law Degree and Law Teaching Degree.