Board of Directors
FAISAL BIN JUMA BELHOULExecutive Chairman
- He currently serves as the Chairman of Amanat Holdings which is a publicly listed company in the UAE specializing in investments targeting the healthcare and education sectors.
- He is also the Founder and Chairman of Ithmar Capital, a GCC-focused private equity firm, and until recently served as its Managing Partner.
- Ithmar Capital managed a number of private equity funds and earned a strong reputation with its name resonating with its investment in and successful exit from Al Noor Hospitals via a London-listed IPO.
- In addition he is currently a Board member of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) by decree from the Ruler of Dubai as well as being a member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO).
- He is also the Chairman of a publicly listed company in Kuwait and until recently served as a board member on a FTSE 250 company listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- In 2007, Faisal was recognized as one of the top 100 Executives in the Gulf region. He was also chairman of the Board for a number of business groups and associations, including the UAE Private Hospitals Council, the UAE Private School Council and the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Equipment Business Group of the DCCI.
- Faisal studied Manufacturing Engineering at Boston University, USA.
KHALDOUN HAJ HASANNon-Executive Director
- He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Amanat Holdings overseeing the overall management of the Company in addition to defining and executing its corporate strategy.
- Khaldoun is the Co-founder of Ithmar Capital and until recently served as its Managing Partner.
- In addition he currently serves as the vice chairman of a publicly listed company in Kuwait and until recently served as a board member on a FTSE 250 company listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- He also has board representation on several regional and international private companies as well as being a member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO).
- He started his professional career in 1996 and has held various senior management positions including serving as Vice President at Abraaj Capital, acting CEO of Sheikh Khalifa Small and Medium Size Enterprises, Executive Director of Al-Bawardi Enterprises and Commercial Director of Al-Fahim Group.
- Throughout his career, he was primarily responsible for investment programs, helping companies in formulating their corporate strategy, assisting in expansion through M&A activities and structuring and executing exit strategies.
- Khaldoun holds a BS and MSc in manufacturing Engineering and an MBA in Business Administration with Honours from Boston University, USA.
RAYAN SALAMExecutive Director
- As Managing Partner and CEO, he leads the overall firm and manages its investment strategies and advisory services.
- Rayan was a member of the founding team involved in building Algebra Capital, a MENA asset management firm with peak AUM of US$ 1.6 billion, from inception to its gradual sale to Franklin Templeton.
- His role at Franklin Templeton included being a Fund Manager on a number of flagship funds, responsible for investment idea generation, asset allocation, risk management, and fund raising.
- He was previously employed at Shuaa Capital in Dubai and Silver Stone Advisors in New York City.
- Rayan graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Economics) with distinction.
PAUL WALLERIndependent Director
- He is a Senior level international executive including 13 years as Executive Committee member and Managing Partner at 3i Group plc and 15 years as member of the Global Investment Committee, and most recently as a Senior Partner in Hamilton Lane.
- He has over 35 years of private equity investment, 6 years of infrastructure investment experience and 20 years of international fundraising experience.
- He was a Non-Executive Director of 3i Infrastructure plc and served on the boards of many of 3i's international subsidiaries and joint ventures in Europe, USA and Japan.
- Mr. Waller is the former Chairman of the European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (EVCA) and of its Investor Relations Committee.
- He has a BSc Hons (First Class) Management Sciences (UMIST, Manchester) (1975).
- Mr. Waller retired from full-time employment after 35 years with 3i group plc December 2012, before joining HamiltonLane as a Senior Adviser in January 2013.
- He continues to serve as a Board Member at Ithmar Capital.