Board of Directors
FAISAL BIN JUMA BELHOULExecutive Chairman
- Faisal is the Executive Chairman and founder of Ithmar Capital – a GCC private equity and alternative assets firm that managed and invested over USD 1 billion.
- He is also the founder of Amanat Holdings PJSC which is the GCC’s largest integrated healthcare and education listed investment company.
- Faisal was also Chairman of the Board for a number of business groups and associations, including the UAE Private Hospitals Council, the UAE Private School Council, the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Equipment Business Group of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) and has served previously as a board member of a FTSE 250 healthcare company listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- He is currently a board member of the DCCI by decree from the Ruler of Dubai as well as being a member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO).
- In 2007, Faisal was recognized as one of the top 100 Executives in the Gulf region.
- Faisal studied Manufacturing Engineering at Boston University, USA.
KHALDOUN HAJ HASANExecutive Director
- Khaldoun is a founder of Ithmar Capital Partners, and was also the co-founder and managing partner of Ithmar Capital –a GCC private equity firm that managed and invested over USD 1 billion.
- He is also a founder of Amanat Holdings which is the GCC’s largest integrated healthcare and education listed investment company and until recently served as its Chief Executive Officer.
- He currently serves on the boards of a number of private companies across the region. In addition, he is the Vice Chairman of a publicly listed company in Kuwait and has served previously as a Board Member of a FTSE 250 healthcare company listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- Khaldoun started his professional career in 1996 and has held various senior management positions in the UAE including serving as Vice President at Abraaj Capital, acting CEO of Sheikh Khalifa Small and Medium Size Enterprises, Executive Director of Al-Bawardi Enterprises and Commercial Director of Al-Fahim Group.
- He is also a member of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO) and was recognized amongst the top 100 CEO’s in the GCC region in 2017.
- Khaldoun holds a BS and MSc in manufacturing Engineering and an MBA in Business Administration with honors from Boston University, USA.
RAYAN SALAMExecutive Director
- As Managing Partner and CEO, he leads the overall firm and manages its investment strategies and advisory services.
- Rayan was a member of the founding team involved in building Algebra Capital, a MENA asset management firm with peak AUM of US$ 1.6 billion, from inception to its gradual sale to Franklin Templeton.
- His role at Franklin Templeton included being a Fund Manager on a number of flagship funds, responsible for investment idea generation, asset allocation, risk management, and fund raising.
- He was previously employed at Shuaa Capital in Dubai and Silver Stone Advisors in New York City.
- Rayan graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Economics) with distinction.
PAUL WALLERIndependent Director
- He is a Senior level international executive including 13 years as Executive Committee member and Managing Partner at 3i Group plc and 15 years as member of the Global Investment Committee, and most recently as a Senior Partner in Hamilton Lane.
- He has over 35 years of private equity investment, 6 years of infrastructure investment experience and 20 years of international fundraising experience.
- He was a Non-Executive Director of 3i Infrastructure plc and served on the boards of many of 3i's international subsidiaries and joint ventures in Europe, USA and Japan.
- Mr. Waller is the former Chairman of the European Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (EVCA) and of its Investor Relations Committee.
- He has a BSc Hons (First Class) Management Sciences (UMIST, Manchester) (1975).
- Mr. Waller retired from full-time employment after 35 years with 3i group plc December 2012, before joining HamiltonLane as a Senior Adviser in January 2013.
- He continues to serve as a Board Member at Ithmar Capital.